If you’re setting up a WordPress website, you might be looking for a way to add social media sharing buttons. But it’s tough to find the best one from thousands of social sharing plugins available with similar features on WordPress.
So, we are here to help!
WordPress social sharing plugins come with a wide range of tools to help you build your online community and promote your company or website. They drive more traffic to your site and ultimately improve your search engine ranking.
We have listed some of the best plugins for sharing content on social media according to your needs.
Here’s a quick summary of the best social sharing plugins for WordPress websites.
List of Best Social Sharing Plugins
Let us start our list and see what each plugin has to offer in the free or premium version. We have considered many points like:
- Sharing buttons position
- Number of networks supported
- Sharing count and analytics
- Button designs available
With an intention to meet the above features, below is the list which will help you decide a perfect social sharing button plugin for your website.
1. Social Snap
Social Snap is a free WordPress social media plugin with 10,000+ active installations, which comes with a wide feature-list and a user-friendly interface.
You get attractive social sharing buttons for 30+ social networks, which have unique placement options like “share hub” or “sticky bar”, apart from inline buttons and a floating sidebar.
Let’s see what other features it comes with:
- Built-in migration tool
- Share count recovery for switched domains
- Resharing old content on Twitter and LinkedIn
- Visitors can log in through their social media accounts
- Control your content’s presentation through editing metadata
- “Click to Tweet” boxes
- Device targeting feature to choose networks based on the device being used
The basic version starts at $39, however, you can get all add-ons with a $99 plan.
2. Social Warfare
Social Warfare plugin comes in both free and premium versions and has 60,000+ active installations. The premium version is preferable as it comes with powerful features, while the free version is very basic.
However, the free version also allows you different button placements, including floating bars. The share counts are tracked accurately and you can customize your post’s look too.
More features include:
- Full control over open-graph tags
- Pinterest-specific images with a pin-it button on them
- Author attribution to add username on the shares
- Share tracking through shortened links and UTM Parameters
- Supports short URL & Analytics T
- Specify minimum share count for social proof
- Customize your post to control how it looks while sharing
- Share count recovery if you switch your domain name
The Free version comes with limited features, whereas the Pro version starts at $29 for one site.
Monarch is a paid social sharing plugin by Elegant Themes with 70,000+ active installations. It lets you add sharing buttons from over 20 different networks including all big platforms.
The button placement can be done in 5 different locations, including above/below post content (or both), floating sidebar, automatic popup, automatic fly-in,on media, and through shortcode or a widget.
The fly-ins are an underlined feature here as they play a vital role in social media sharing through adding email subscriptions.
Other key features of Monarch include:
- Add social share buttons on mobile sites too
- Display “Follow” icons and follower counts of your social media
- Trigger your buttons for automatic pop ups and fly-ins by time, scroll depth, or user action
- Customize your buttons to make them look attractive
- Add statistics for your social shares and likes
A bit tricky, as you would need to purchase the Elegant Themes membership. However, if you’re already a Divi theme user you’ll get access to all their products, including Monarch in just $89.
4. Easy Social Share Buttons
Easy Social Share Buttons are worth considering as they have currently 29,000+ happy users and come with outstanding features.
This plugin lets you place your buttons at 27 different positions, including above/below content (or both), floating icons, top or bottom bar, post share bar, on media, as a popup, and what not.
The most noticeable features include:
- Choose from 55+ button style templates
- Display “Follow” icons and follower counts
- Display share counts
- Share count recovery when you switch domains
- Custom Tweets, Open Graph data, and more
- Display after share custom messages to visitors
- Analytics and A/B testing to figure out which buttons perform best
- Display popular posts by social shares
- Add email opt-ins and live chat buttons too!
Get such amazing features (especially the last one) in just $22.
AddToAny is one of the most popular social sharing plugins for WordPress with 500,000+ active downloads.
Also known as “universal sharing platform”, the visitors can share your content on over 100+ social networks through a single icon (+). However, there are dedicated icons too for specific social platforms.
So, you can place your buttons in cooler ways, like above/below post content (or both), vertical or horizontal floating bar on either side, attached/unattached to the content, through widgets or shortcodes, and even at the bottom of your content or web page.
More features include:
- Share counts
- Google Analytics integrationResponsive design
- Google AMP support
- Link shortening integrations
- Responsive design
Free plugin available on the WordPress repository.
6. Social Pug
Social Pug plugin now known as Grow By Mediavine comes in free as well as in paid versions with lightweight features to keep their active 90,000+ websites running smoothly
The free version comes with basic features and supports only five social media networks including Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, and LinkedIn. However, the pro version adds 11 more sharing networks, along with email and print options.
The button placement can be done above or below the post and as a floating sidebar on either side of the page. Along with the pro version, buttons can also be placed as popups and via shortcodes.
Social Pug’s pro feature list also includes:
- Customize your content for user sharing
- Click-to-tweet feature
- Minimum share counts to avoid negative social proof
- Share count recovery for changed URLs
- Mobile sticky share buttons
- Custom Open Graph data
- Link shortening integrations with Bitly or Branch
- Google Analytics integration
- Popular posts widget based on social shares
Free version is available for this plugin and the Pro version starts at $24.
7. Better Click to Tweet
Better Click to Tweet is a simple plugin that gives you a limited range of free, as well as premium features to choose from.
As “click-to-tweet” is the best way to engage your post on social media platforms, this plugin is the most trusted one with 20,000+ active installations short URLs, or make links nofollow for improved SEOs.
Some features of this plugin include:
- Change, remove or replace your
- Twitter username on each tweet box
- Power-user guide for customizing the plugin
- Shortcodes to create click-to-tweet content
- Works with the new block editor in WordPress
Free version is available and the Paid version costs $30 for a single site.
For those who like to have a full plate, can go for Monarch and enjoy all Elegant Themes products.
If you have any questions or solutions regarding the best social sharing plugins for WordPress, you can leave a comment below.
Let us know which plugin you found the best for your website.