Are you a keen traveller? Do you also love to blog while travelling? But finding difficulties in earning money while travelling? If yes, then this post is for you.
These days, travel blogging is a very profitable niche, but many travel bloggers are not lucky to get sponsor trips all the time. At the starting of the blogging career, you must also be facing difficulties in revenue generation. But today, I have come up with the best travel affiliate programs that will help you to make good money while travelling.
Through these various travel affiliate programs, you can earn a considerable amount via affiliate links. You only have to write quality content on your website. While using these programs, you can also drive organic traffic on your blogs.
So, are you ready to know the solution to all your travel blogging money related problems? Let’s dive into details.
Top travel affiliate programs to join in 2020
Today, several companies offer affiliate programs to bloggers and website owners who have established sites. Some member programs expect you to show your site details for a couple of months, while others will make you an associate immediately.
Here is a list of some of the most extensive travel affiliate programs to earn commissions while enjoying your trip.
1. Booking.com Affiliate program
You must have heard about Booking.com as it gets used widely. Many people use it for booking hotels and transportation. They also have an affiliate program through which you have a high chance of earning a huge commission.
- Booking.com has over 12,500+ network of affiliates, which means there is a massive chance of you earning large payouts.
- They offer many marketing tools, such as banner ads, WordPress plugins, and many more.
- Their products are easily customizable, easy to use, and gives you the flexibility to work from wherever you want.
How much can you make with this travel affiliate program?
You can earn up to 40% of the commission, depending on the bookings you made out during a month.
2. Expedia Travel Affiliate Program
Think, 260,000+ hotels, and 400+ flights available just for you. Yes, Expedia is the largest affiliate platform in the Travel niche. You can register yourself on Expedia as an affiliate marketer and earn it by promoting its products and services. The exposure you get on Expedia is quite extensive.
- Expedia contracts directly with suppliers to secure access to superior inventory, including active packages and exclusive rates.
- You start earning from day one. Each qualifying transaction made through your links gets you a share of the revenue.
- It provides you with different marketing tools.
How much can you make with Expedia travel affiliate program?
The commission you will earn through Expedia is 3% to 11% based on your website’s transactions.
3. TripAdvisor Travel Affiliate Program
TripAdvisor is the oldest and most reputed travel website. Millions of users use this platform to book hotels and flights worldwide and you can also compare the prices of the hotels, resorts, and many more. If you jump on this program, you will have the option to source content from their site and connect your users to the original product through your following link on your blog or website.
- Millions of people use it daily. Thus you get a global reach for amazing deals.
- You will have access to banner ads and text ads to increase your marketing campaigns.
- There is a dedicated team for the affiliate program, ready to provide you assistance 24/7.
How much can you make with TripAdvisor travel affiliate program?
TripAdvisor gives you a 50% commission on each successful transaction from your website, but you can also earn through 80% commission.
4. AGODA Travel Affiliate Program
AGODA is used by millions of people worldwide to book hotels and flights at the best price, as many people are using it to get many visitors on your website. It also offers excellent commission payouts to the affiliate promoters. To join their program, you should have a blog or website, and the manual approval takes 48-72 hours.
- They have easy integration as a nontechnical person can also use their marketing tools.
- You can track your performance, earnings, and more on your dashboard with free, detailed reporting.
- It comes in 38 languages so you can speak directly to your audiences.
How much can you make with Agoda travel affiliate program?
You can earn a 5% commission on every successful transaction via your affiliate link. That means each booking of $200 at 5% commission will give you $10.
5. Amazon Associates Program
Amazon has more than 1 million products and is the top destination for online buying.
Being a travel blogger, you will be mostly out of your hotels and rooms to enjoy your travel destination. You can recommend the travel gear and write in-depth reviews that worked for you.
Amazon Associates affiliate program is a hub for every professional blogger to recommend something for its readers. As a travel blogger, you can share your traveling kit links like digital cameras, voice recorders, traveling clothes, luggage, apparel stuff like handbags, and fashion accessories.
If you’re a niched travel blogger who writes about camping, hiking, under-water sports, rock-climbing, scuba diving, then Amazon can be a gold mine for you because it offers an excellent commission between 4% – 8% on all expensive gears and types of equipment.
- Biggest online shopping platform
- A trustable and reputed platform, so there are no shipping issues for the buyers.
- Reasonable commission rates on all the products
- You can link to any products, not the ones that you purchased or are using personally.
How much can you make with Amazon associate program?
You can easily earn above 4% for all products. The commission ranges between 4%-8% since the products vary in different categories.
6. CruiseDirect Affiliate Program
With the CruiseDirect portal’s help, you can book your cruise vacations and all other vacations of such type. It is the fastest growing website to compare the rates and gives you the best prices. CruiseDirect makes it easy for you to join and earn commissions for every CruiseDirect.com purchase generated from your site.
- It provides you with weekly newsletters that include bonus commissions for the affiliates.
- There are also many promotional tools, such as text ads and search boxes to make fantastic landing pages and banner ads.
- You will never have to worry about paying a booking fee.
How much can you make with CruiseDirect travel affiliate program?
You can earn up to a 3% commission of the gross sale. You’ll get credit for bookings up to 1 1/2 month after a customer visits.
7. Airbnb Referral Program
Airbnb provides you with the referral program instead of an affiliate program. The only difference between the plans is that in the referral program, you earn points that you can use afterward to book for your trips, and in affiliate programs, you earn direct cash. The referral program of Airbnb is top-rated, and travel bloggers use them widely.
- The referral link of Airbnb’s product is easily sharable as you and the person using the link will also get credits.
- It is a good source of earning travel income and plan your trips in discounted rates by using the credits.
- Airbnb is a well-known name in the travel industry, and you connect with many travelers and bloggers.
How much can you make with Airbnb travel affiliate program?
You can earn up to $72 for every successful referral & a maximum of USD 5,000 travel credit per account.
8. Skyscanner Affiliate Program
Skyscanner is a go-to place to book flights, hotels, and hire car services. It started as a flight search engine and now has become a leader in the airline ticket booking space.
Skyscanner recently hit 100 million user mark and is one of the most trusted websites for people to book air tickets.
If you can hire a developer, use their APIs to add search functionality on your website or building an app for travel search. You can also use their widget in the sidebar which will redirect the users to their website via your affiliate link.
- Travel API for flights, hotels, and car bookings.
- Different commission programs
- White label travel API solutions for affiliate members
How much can you make with the Skyscanner travel affiliate program?
Skyscanner pays 50% of the booking fees that they receive as a commission. They also give $1 per app install as a commission within a cookie period of 30 days.
9. BookingBuddy Travel Affiliate Program
On the BookingBuddy portal, many users do booking for flights, hotels, cars, and a combo of flight+hotel at cheap rates. They can book non stop, one way or round trips using BookingBuddy’s portal. They can also choose economy or first-class travel. It is the most trustworthy and reliable affiliate program.
- BookingBuddy hosts several sites, so you will have top travel sites to compare the prices.
- With flexible settings, you can customize the tools to match your site’s visual presentation.
- BookingBuddy doesn’t charge you any extra fee on booking.
How much can you make with the BookingBuddy travel affiliate program?
With the BookingBuddy’s affiliate program, you can up to 50% commission on every successful transaction via your affiliate link, and you can generate organic traffic on your blog or website.
Many travel affiliate programs are available, so earning from travel blogs or websites is not hard.
We have provided you with the list of travel blogger affiliate programs that are safe, offer high commission, and have access worldwide.
We recommend Expedia, TripAdvisor, and Booking.com travel affiliate programs as they provide you up to 30-40% of commission on the affiliate link and have a wide variety of inventories to choose from.
Do let us know what you think of monetizing your travel blog or website in the comment section, and if you have any queries, then ask, we will be happy to answer those.